Monday, May 20, 2013

Enjoy your Vacation!

This week I let myself get too busy and I slacked off on my blog. Normally Wednesday is my blog day, but I was preparing all week to fly to Key West for my sister-in-law's wedding.  I made sure to clean the kitchen, the bathrooms and the living room so my friend, who is house and dog-sitting wouldn't be completely disgusted with me.  I wish I could say I always keep my house guest ready, but the truth is that I avoid cleaning like the plague. I used to be embarrassed about this, but I've since come to terms with the fact that I have other redeeming qualities and I will never Martha Stewart be. She's very uptight anyway. We made sure to exercise the dogs, bathe them and get their supplies together. We had to be sure that the fish tank routine was made easy to follow. 
For the past few months I've also been studying a bit here and there for my licensure test. I feel pretty good about it so far, but it is taking up a large chunk of my time. Because of the timing of this wedding vacation, I also missed the last week of school, where I work. This meant finishing up as much paperwork as I possibly could, doing all of the progress reports for my students and saying my goodbyes all this last week. It's always so sad, you just never know which kids will be there in the fall. So I gave hugs, and advice, and homework. 
I have been allowing the stress to get to me. My nutrition has not been the best, not horrible, but not great. I've been having a hard time staying in the moment. My crossfit workouts help, they keep me active and happy. But, I allowed the cleaning time and appointments get in the way and I missed several of my regular classes. 
Isn't it funny how going on vacation, the thing that we wait and wait for can be so much stress? It makes me laugh, looking back, how much I let it get to me. On previous vacations I have allowed that stress to leak into the vacation itself. Not this time. Even last night/today on the longest, most uncomfortable flits I ever remember, I have been having a good time with my husband. We've both been in good spirits. I started meditating on the second flight, which relaxed me so much I fell asleep before we took off. That was a blessing since I can rarely sleep on a flight. In fact, I slept on the first and second flights. On the third flight Nathan and I played this jewel matching game over and over and over again. It was fun! 
Upon landing here in Tampa, it turns out, of course, that our flight to Key West is delayed by an hour and a half. Either way, we spent the entire Monday in a plane and I have eaten insane amounts of banana chips, a nut mix and a personal size pizza. I feel gross. But I'm on vacation!  My plan is to finish this quick blog, and go find some fun! Not sure what that looks like, probably going to wander around the airport a bit, maybe meditate, find a good spot to watch the sunset. Can't wait to stick my feet in the Atlantic Ocean. Was just wading in the pacific less than 24 hours ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment