Monday, February 4, 2013

Juggling My Resolutions

This year I am mostly focusing on manifesting my Core Desired Feelings (see Danielle Laporte's work) in every moment, in the present as well as focusing on these in both my short and long-term goals.  This, so far, has been going splendidly.  Especially when it comes to pausing in my day to see if I am manifesting those feelings RIGHT NOW.  And if not, I do something that will.  I suppose it's either human nature or because I am new at this, but because everything has been so lovely, I'm having difficulty focusing on my strategy.  I know in life that I have a list of things I would like to work towards, but are going to take some time.  I would like to be more spiritual, more minimalistic in my lifestyle, eat what my body needs, avoid toxins, play more, and move my employment from a "job" that I do to something that will knock my own socks right off.  This is quite a bit to work on.  When I think about it all together, it becomes a bit overwhelming.  When I remember to stay present, to focus on one thing at a time, it provokes a lot less anxiety.  Even so, in every moment I have to think about which part of this I want to focus on.  At my current job, I have to do my job.  This is where it's the easiest.  I have certain things that I need to do, so while I am doing then I do my best to present in the moment and complete all tasks to the best of my ability.  It's been fun figuring out how to do it with a good attitude.
Then I have a break.  Here's where I have been playing it by ear.  Do I study for my MFT licensure exam?  Passing this exam will get me closer to having freedom in employment.  It's a worthwhile expenditure of my time.  Should I meditate?  This will center me, bring me back to the present moment, strengthen my spirituality.  Have a snack?  Sometimes I forget.  I am doing my best to feed my body healthy food before I become ravenously hungry.  Do something fun?  Should I fantasize about what my dream job will look like?  Use the restroom?  Do some pushups?  Read an inspirational blog?
I know that all of these are acceptable.  I am the type of person that gets very excited and animated when it comes to new things.  I have since the new year started the May Cause Miracles book and am following the 40 day program with a group of friends in a book club.  I am studying for my licensure exam which I will be taking in May.  I am reading very slowly the book A Course in Miracles.  I am following a blog about minimalism and reading all things Mark Sisson, Robb Wolf, Lissa Rankin, Martha Beck, Dr. Mercola, etc.   The only problem with this is that I can't do everything at once.
Putting this into writing is extraordinarily helpful for me.  As I write this I am constantly having ideas about what I can do to make things simpler.  Today I will sit down and create a priority list.  Like a breaktime map.  It will probably start with a brief meditation.  What do you all think about this?  What tools do you use to keep your life simple and manageable?

No comments:

Post a Comment